Each gram contains: benzydamine Hydrochloride 1.5 mg.
It is used to treat many painful conditions of the mouth or throat including:
- Gingivitis, glossitis, stomatitis (including after chemotherapy radiation);
- Tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis;
- Candidiasis (in combination therapy);
- Inflammation of the salivary glands;
- After surgery and trauma (including tonsillectomy , broken jaw);
- After treatment or dental extraction;
For oral administration.
Adults, adolescents and elderly: 4 to 8 puffs every 1½-3 hourly.
Children 6-12 years: 4 puffs, every 1½-3 hourly.
Children under 6 year: One puff to be administered per 4 kg body weight, up to a maximum of 4 puffs, every 1½-3 hourly.
Because of the small amount of drug applied, elderly patients can receive the same dose as adults.
Contact your doctor if your symptoms worsen or they do not improve.
- To use the spray, hold the bottle in an upright position.
- Lift the spray-tube through 90° until it is horizontal. Do not raise the spray-tube more than shown in the diagram.
- Aim the spray-tube at the sore part of your mouth or throat and press down on the plunger again. One press releases one puff.
- After spraying the desired number of puffs, wipe the end of the spray-tube with a tissue.
This helps to stop it becoming blocked.